Monday, April 16, 2012

Winter bug

Managed to get a gastro-intestinal bug this past week, but luckily I recovered enough to visit the River Sunday and Monday.
 In the distance, safely out of reach of my Guard-dachshund, a fisherman shares the shore with some Canada geese.
 Of course I took the RiverDog to play River Fetch! And, of course, the low river level left her stinking of dead fish.  Bath waiting at home.
Cruel necessity will remove these trees, just right of the center, before too long.  The Army Corps of Engineers and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation both dictate they must go.  They are too close to the levee, and would encourage a breach during high flooding.

Each trip really cost me some energy, but they were worth it.  I love my HuggaMutt and I love my Chemung River!

pb
Little Pond

No comments:

Post a Comment