Saturday, October 13, 2012

Helpless?

Went to the Grove Street fishing access today to walk Ellie.  She is doing well and I wanted to walk her in the full sunshine.

The visit was immediately ruined by the sight of a goose caught in fishing line.  All tangled and caught around its wings and tail.  Probably it's legs too.

There wasn't much I could do. Ellie got that chilled, tail between the legs look.  I picked her up and took her to the car.  When I got there, I didn't have the keys.  I went back, but the geese were all in the water.

The snared goose can't fly, but it can swim.  The others avoid it, presumably because they can see it is in distress and they are avoiding the line.

I took a picture.  I found my keys.  I brought my dog home.

There didn't seem to be much I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment